When I restored a database I got an error: “The backup set holds a backup of a database other than the existing database”. I was every confused because I have done this operation many times. It never got error before.
When you encounter strange error, it’s the chance to learn new knowledge. So I search on the internet and find the solution.
In the past times, I restored database with several steps:
1. Created a new database with a name;
2. Selected the database and restored from device;
3. Selected the backup file in your computer;
4. Selected “Overwrite the existing database”;
5. Clicked “Ok” and it would be restored successfully;
But now I can’t restore successfully with the same steps’ change some steps as follows：
1. Select “Databases” and select restored database in the right menu; (You don’t need to create a new database)
2. Select “Restore from device” and find the backup file in your computer.
3. Input your database name on the textbox left behind “To database” label;(See the follow picture)
4. Clicked “Ok” and it would be restored successfully;
These two ways seem have no different, but when I use the second way, the error doesn’t reappear. I still don’t know why, if someone know the true reason, please tell me.